Sweet me

My Photo
I love music, reading and watching Bravo Tv. My ultimate girl crush is Gwen Stefani since Tragic Kingdom days, we've gone thru love and heartbreak together. I have the best partner to stumble forward together raising our girls and living our life.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Dia de los Muertos

Day of the Dead


Dia De Los Muertos is celebrated on November 1st thru 2nd, a Mexican holiday to honor our loved ones who we have lost. Last year I couldn't even speak about two of my loved ones whom I lost within a month of each other, both very sudden to me. My heart swells and my eyes fill with tears when I think about them. I have a picture of both in my home and I know that both have been here to visit my Sollie :) .

 

My Nina

 
  A confession ( I've only spoken about this with one person , thank you Mickey).  So about two years ago I was told that my Godmother was sick with cancer, she wasn't doing very well and finally refused treatment. Her son emailed me her phone number, me being terrified that maybe I would not be able to say the right things or have nothing to say at all put calling her off ... For months.  A decision I will forever regret. I found out she passed on Facebook sitting in the hospital after giving birth to Marisol, I wanted to get up and run, run to the woman whom over 29 years had always cheered me on, always gave me beautiful words of advice and never telling me you shouldn't or you can't. As far as I can remember she has always been in my life and now forever gone without knowing how much she meant to me. I didn't get up to speak at her funeral because in my heart I felt that all my memories of her are for me and for me to think back on and smile. I cannot help but wonder of what she thought of me and how it made her feel knowing she will always be a part of me.  I have the sound of her voice in my head saying "hi mija" :). Her picture sits in my living room of her and I the day before I left to Basic Training (Sollie always plays with it). I know we will meet again and we will smile and I will apologize, already knowing that an apology will not be accepted I still have to.  She was beautiful, a wonderful mother and taught me how to be a Godmother, I have big shoes to fill with two Godsons.  Thank you Nina Marchelle. 

"My Love"


My dearest friend Kino, words of wisdom were always sought whenever you were around. I miss your smile and gentle hugs.  I miss knowing if I needed spiritual advice without judgment, you were there.  I miss hearing your voice and reading your texts over trying to understand how I can make my Bri feel better with your natural healing. I will forever miss the love you gave me. Until we meet again xoxo.


ETSY FAVS!




You can find all the items to the right in my Esty Favs <3; Pinned at www.pinterest.com/tinafiglve


 You Tube Fav <3

INSTAGRAM: VENUSOCEAN
PINTEREST: VENUS OCEAN
 

 Make sure to share your Sugar Scrub look
 

This Weekends Pics :)

 
 
Marco's sweet loving family <3
 
 
 
 
Universal Studios together
 
 
 
 
Quality time with my Sissy
 
 
 
 
WALKING DEAD!
 
ugh! the suspense kills me! Marcho and I are preparing to run in the Run for your life! SO EXCITED!! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
REAL FRIENDS ON TWITTER
 
I love this girl! I asked and she answered :) Sigh** she said "ass" haha!!
 
 
 
 
 
UPDATE ON MY FACE:
 
I spoke to the esthetician and realized that the laser treatment was not for me so instead I decided on a chemical peel. I just got it yesterday so I was told that my face will look bad before it starts looking better in a week. So embarrassed but here it is... (no filter used)
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Found your blog randomly and I’d like to say it’s fabulous! You have amazing photos & style! Everything is perfect!

    would you like to follow each other?
    will be happy to see you in my blog!

    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! yes ! I would love to follow each other. :)

      Delete